Our teachers are hard at work to create a great learning experience at home for you and your child. We understand that some families may not have internet or enough devices for all children to learn from home.
- Any district student that needs a device at home in order to learn online, we are lending out district Chromebooks.
- To pick up, just email TASDCOVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org or call (814) 827-2715 ext. 3400 to schedule to pick up a Chromebook. All Chromebooks will be handed out in the lunch drive through at our Middle School.
We have also collected some special options that companies are offering, including discounts below:
- Free XFinity WiFi hotspots (public spaces)
- Data caps paused for 60 days, all plans temporarily unlimited
- Internet Essentials (normally $9.95/mo) for low income households are now free for 60 days
- Relaxed data allowance policy
- Opened all Zoom Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Increased the download speed of Zoom to 150 Mbps
- Temporarily increased the speed of Zoom Express to (up to) 25 Mbps download, 3 Mbps upload
- Existing customers with data plans automatically moved to Unlimited Smart phone Data for 60 days (excluding roaming)
- Existing customers with metered data plans will be moved to unlimited plans for 60 days (expected ready on 3/20/2020)
- $10/month home-based internet for low income households.
- 2 months of free service to new customers who order before 4/30/2020.
- Waiving all internet data overage fees.