CareerLink is able to enroll participants into the WIOA Dislocated Worker program.  The immediate benefit to the participant is in the form of Supportive Services (up to $750.00), which can be used to pay for utility bills and rent, for example.  CareerLink could pay utilities or rent/mortgage directly for those who qualify. All they need is the following documents:

  • Social Security Card
  • Drivers License
  • Birth Certificate

This program is designed to allow participants to stretch their available dollars further for items like groceries.  These funds can be realized faster than a UC check may arrive, bridging that gap and mitigating an exigent need.

A further note:  We understand that Unemployment Compensation (UC) is top of mind for everyone impacted by the pandemic.  While UC is a partner in the CareerLink, the Title I team that is answering the phones on the flyer and scheduling phone appointments with participants CANNOT answer UC questions.  In the interest of serving as many people as possible, we ask that you refer anyone who as UC questions to, or to send an email to